Monday, July 9, 2012

Japanese Minimalism


I recently got this Japanese pattern book by Natsuno Hiraiwa. I specifically bought it with a mind to make the two-way stole featured on the back cover. I love the unusual shape and versatility of Hiraiwa's designs.



Here is some of the fabric that I picked up recently from Haberman Fabrics- Japanese woven, linen, ikat.


Although the book is in English, the pattern sheet at the back is a little tricky. I accidentally cut on a fold line and had the hardest time figuring out what was wrong! Nevertheless, I really like the finished product. The stole pictured above is for my mom. I made a less voluminous version for myself out of the Japanese woven. These fabrics are relatively lightweight and easy to layer or belt but I could see the pattern also working well in winter wool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment