Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ikat Jamie Shift

This was a simple shift dress that I made up using a heavier weight ikat fabric and a pattern from the BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern book. I originally made this in a size 36-38 but needed to size down to a 34 for the final version. I also added 2.5 inches to the hem rather than 1.5 inches. Overall, I am pleased with the dress and plan to wear it during the summer and into the fall.

Black Linen Oversized Shirt

I finally made up the Long-Sleeved Shirt (8a) from Simple Modern Sewing by Shufu To Seikatsu Sha using some plain slate-black linen blend fabric from my stash. I like that this book has been translated into English and contains standard US measurements. This was the first time that I have made anything with button holes or a Chinese collar and I now feel pretty comfortable with both, though I do think that the various gathers and oversized style make construction much easier. In the future, I would like to try the Archer Button Up Shirt from Grainline Studios.